Friday, June 20, 2008

Cyber Stitching Friday

Good morning from your local Starbucks!

I am not a huge fan of Starbucks. I may love my coffee, but I'd rather make it at home than buy it somewhere else. However, I have a doctor's appt. this morning and DH and I have date night tonight so I drove him to work and am sitting at Starbucks until my doctor's appt.

Yesterday while running errands I found this cute tin bucket for $1. I couldn't resist it. You know how much I love unique containers. This fits the bill. Anyway, it's perfect for temporarily holding my Cyber Stitching items until I have time to start stitching. Last night I traced all the patterns from Anni's book onto the fabric. When I get home later today I'll pull the threads, needles and scissors together so I'll be ready to start stitching. I hope to get some time in today stitching, but first I have to paint our pantry. Tonight DH and I are going out for dinner and then we are going to see Get Smart.
Here's a peek at my other new quilting endeavor. I've decided to take the plunge into embellishing my quilts with beads. I bought the book Beading on Fabric to guide me. It's a great book. Rather than spend lots and lots of money on many packages of beads I bought a package of mixed beads, a beading needle kit (came with needles, needle holder, finger pad and threader), beading thread and this small container. For around $13 I'll be able to test how well I like beading on fabric.
If you're Cyber Stitching this weekend, don't forget to post about it. I'll be sharing my progress once I get started. Otherwise, have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Donna said...

OK I have to be the one to ask a dumb question. What is Cyber Stitching Friday?

Carole said...

Wow, you've been busy! I looked at reader and had 23 posts to read from you! I am so glad that you've been taking care of yourself. That's so important! Love all the projects you've shown and what cute containers! Of course, my next stop is buying that Stitchery magazine. I just love that Country thread issue. Keep well!

Paula, the quilter said...

You are going to love adding beads to your stitchery! Think of using a bead instead or or companioned with french knots. I use beads occasionally as a stop when I add buttons. O the fun is endless!

Donna said...

Thanks for the link to Cyber Stitching. I hope you have a fun day.

Amanda said...

I've made a couple of stitcheries so that I've got something to Show and Tell - picture on my blog.

I love embellishing my quilt - I use big embroidery stitches too as well as beads and sequins. I look forward to seeing your efforts.

Brenda said...

What a great find on the bucket! I have never used beads, but have a lot of fun with them; experimenting is always exciting and rewarding. I have added your site to my favorites. Stop by sometime for a visit. Have a great day!

Brenda http://thequiltjourney.blogspot.com/

Betsy said...

sweet pea I love the bucket.
every once in a while I will embellish with beads and sometimes little crochet items and unique buttons.
Have fun!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Well our Cyber Stitching day is over and we had the best time...can't wait to see some of your finished projects.

Juliann in WA said...

Enjoy your stitiching time today!

Quilter Kathy said...

OH my goodness girl...you have been busy while I've been away!
Great idea the container contest...sorry I missed out on that! Hope you enjoy your beading...it's just one more of the wonderful addictions to enjoy!
How's the cyber stitching going??