- Betsy at Quilting Fiesta shared a greeting card box and an Elizabeth Arden makeup box.
- Pat at Bell Creek Quilts shows how she stores her patterns.
- Brenda at Pumpkin Patch Primitives has a lovely Longaberger basket to store her threads.
- Nancy at With Thread in Hand has tool chest from Home Depot she uses for retreats.
- Kim at Kim's Quilting Adventure shared a cutlery container and a tackle box she uses for storing items.
- Floribunda at Floribunda Quilts shares three of her storage items, including a pottery bowl she made.
- Bingo Bonnie at Nap Time News uses a window flower box to store her rulers.
- Lyn at Blue Bird Quilts made a basket to carry her Dear Jane blocks.
- Becky at the Quilting Booklady has a wonderful Moda tin and a Simplicity tin for storing patterns and a wool table runner project.
- Dot at Rantala Rags has an adorable pumpkin basket she uses for thread.
- Linda at Living, Quilting and Stuff sent me link of a hardware bin she uses. Linda, your other link didn't work, can you resend it?
Here is my next storage container. DH is in the lodging industry and frequently attends industry conferences. He always comes with tote bags filled with promotional gadgets and gizmos from various companies. When he gets home it's like a mini Christmas for me to dig through the stuff to see what he got. Often there's a small tin that's useful for storing small notions or a cool gadget that's excites me. But this container ranks as the #1 coolest item ever in my book. A hotel management company used this case to promote a new hotel they were opening. Notice the strap and key holes on the locks (yup, it does lock). The case is 13 inches x 10 inches and is 5.5 inches deep. It is sturdy and solid. The inside of the box had lots of padding and included nothing more than a photo book of the hotel. Pretty impressive marketing tool if you ask me.
So what do I keep inside? Right now it is holding several goodies I received from Australian quilters at Christmas time. There's fabric, buttons, sticheries, tote bag pattern, and candles. I'm trying to decide if I will use it for carrying a project with me when we go on vacation. I wonder if the case would make it through security?!?
I'm trying to get all my swap and challenge projects done before we go on vacation. I started working on my pincushion last night for Linda's Pincushion swap. I should have it finished this weekend. I'm still working on my June bag for BQL. My Summer Solstice package has been mailed. I have my postage stamps cut and ready to send in to the Swap Mom. My Cyber Stitching Package arrived from Mrs. Martin and I can't wait to work on the projects next weekend. The other two swaps/challenges I've signed up for aren't due until August but I may get them done before vacation.
Today is a big sports day in our house: Red Sox at 1 PM, Tiger Woods tees off at 4:30 PM, followed by the Celtics/Lakers game at 9 PM. I plan on doing some handwork all afternoon and evening while watching all these sports! It's cool and rainy here in NH. DH was supposed to go golfing today, but they were rained out. At some point I'll be making bacon-wrapped filets and corn on the cob for dinner.
Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there. Remember to hug your dad today!