Friday, March 07, 2008

My Pincushions

I couldn't resist. So many of you are sharing your pincushions I decided to share in the fun. Blueberry Lane found three books by Lynette about pincushions. She is giving away the books and going to bug Lynette to write another book about pincushions.

I confess - I don't use these pincushions. The yellow one and the one next to it I received in a swap. The other two were birthday gifts. They are too special to me to use. They have a place of honor on top of my shelves along with my granny doll. The pink table runner belonged to great-aunt. It's one of my prized possessions.
This is what I use every day for my pins. It's a Fons & Porter magnetic pin dish. I love it.
Tomorrow is my quilt house warming party. There will be four of us here most of the day. My DIL will be over late in the day and one friend will be spending the night. The rain has started tonight and we could get up to two inches of rain before it stops sometime tomorrow night. That won't stop us from having a good time. We may even sneak out to the new LQS if we feel like dodging rain drops.

I haven't decided what project/s to work on. I'll pick up whatever my hands grab first. Stay tuned to find out what we do tomorrow!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whay a great house warming party idea. Have a fun day stitching and talking !

Pam said...

whoo hoo...you get to break in your new sewing studio...whoo hoo! can't wait to read all about it.

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

Mavie_q said...

we are waiting for the time to go!!!! Paula is a great hostess. mavie

Carolyn said...

Wish I lived close enough to join you, have a great time!

Libby said...

It has been fun seeing the pincushions all around. I do think it's funny how we all have multiples, but still there's always a favorite *s*

julieQ said...

What fun to see your pincushions! Have fun at your house warming!

Leanne said...

Great pin cushions - have a fun day tomorrow.