Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Creative Muse & Blogiversary

I got off to a very slow start today. First I didn't wake up until 8 am. That is so not like me. I'm usually awake by 6:30 am. Then I had no motivation to do anything except drink coffee, read the Sunday paper and play on my laptop. A quilter on Stashbusters asked if someone could remember a blog that had a tutorial for making a quilt similar to a Turning Twenty. At 10:21 another quilter posted this link to Buttonberry. I clicked on the link and fell in love with this little quilt. I thought about making one, but then decided to poke around her blog since I had never seen it before.

Then I found the tutorial for this adorable wall hanging. BAM! My Creative Muse hit me square in the face. This wall hanging would look great on the door of my studio. I could even make it with some of the coffee fabrics I've been collecting. So what's a girl to do at this point? Get off the couch and into the studio.

It took longer to pick out the fabrics than it did to sew the wall hanging. Then I spent the afternoon stitching my studio's name on it while baking cookies and watching movies with DS and DIL. Tomorrow I'm going to have to stop at Joann's and pick up some brown perle cotton. I think I'm going to do big stitch quilting on it. I put the cream strip on the top to put my quilt shop pins on it. Now if I could only find a coffee-themed wire quilt hanger for it.

My two-year blogging anniversary is coming up on Tuesday and that's no April's Fool. In honor of my anniversary I will be having a give-away. Just leave a comment on this post between now and next Saturday, April 5 and you will be entered in the drawing.

I hope you had a great weekend. I did! Tomorrow it's back to the office and another round of rain and snow.

37 comments:

Maryjo said...

Congrats on 2 years! I love reading your blog...hope I win!

Mary Jo in Iowa

DebMc said...

Aren't you a busy bee today? Great idea to use the little quilt hanging on the door to your studio. My little brain is a'buzzin' now with ideas. I love stealing great thoughts from someone else. GRIN Thanks!

Diana said...

Don't you just love how that Muse hits you when you're least expecting it? Congratulations on 2 years!

Pam said...

Whoo hoo 2 yrs whoo hoo whoo hoo!!!

Time does fly when we are having fun, doesn't it??

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

Anne Heidi said...

Happy blogiversary! Your wallhanging is supercute, I'm sure you'll find the perfect hanger for it. Looking forward to reading many many more posts from you!

Anonymous said...

Paula,
Good for you. You're all moved in, settled and studio up & running. I moved a little over a year ago and am still not organized. Maybe in my next lifetime.
Good work,
Marcia in Ma.

Carolyn said...

Congratulations on two years, time does fly, doesn't it? Your wallhanging is adorable. My son is so excited that baseball season is starting. Every time he talks about his Red Sox I think of you. I think I've finally gotten over being a Yankees fan and am back to my roots with the Phillies!

Unknown said...

wow!! 2 years in the blogisphere is a loong time!!

congrats, and mayI please enterthe surpirse draw?

Unknown said...

Hi Paula,
What a wonderful idea to put this banner on your studio door! Isn't it great to see an idea come to fruition. And so quickly too! By the way, just like you we were up early watching our beloved Red Sox last week. It is so great to see them playing once again!

Paula said...

Thanks so much for the links. I've added Buttonberry to my Google Reader. Congrats on your Blogiversary! I'd love to be added to your drawing.

Sandy said...

Wow! - well done on two fronts, two years in blogland - and seeing the idea for the wall hanging - and doing it!!!!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Wow, Congrats on two years! I love your blog - here's to another two and another and another....
Denise in PA

Nancy said...

Cute little wall hanging. Happy Blog-aversary!! Thanks for the links to the two blogs. off to check them out...

Libby said...

Great inspirations. Happy Bloggiversary *s*

Debi said...

Happy blogiversary, wow two years is a long time.

floribunda said...

congratulations on 2 years -- of course I'd like to be in your drawing! very cute wall-hanging, too...

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary...and getting settled....enough to watch movies! How great is that. Think the Muse idea was great.

Shelina said...

Happy Blogiversary! I enjoy reading all your posts. Thanks for the link.

julie said...

Congrats on your blogiversary. I love your blog and all the projects you do. You certainly inspire me to try and do more. i love the link and your end result.
julie in Oz

Anonymous said...

Paula,
Thanx for the links - good on ya for making the piece as your muse directed you.
And, of course, congrats on the 2 year blogiversary. As everyone else says - I love reading your blog. It makes me feel closer to New England - my FiL is from Maine and we've only been able to make one trip up there but I fell in love with New England that fall. And also with the Red Sox - just don't tell the Astros fans around here!!!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

happy Blogiversary! You look like you have had a lovely book and sewing productivity weekend, well done. The stitchery is a cute, Tracey

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your two year anniversary. I enjoy reading your blog. Cute wall hanging.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on your 2 year blogiversary! Looking forward to many more posts.

Linda T said...

Congrats! Two years is a lot of dedication!

Greenmare said...

two years! wow, you are a veteran blogger!

Kim said...

happy blogiversary to you- hope your Sox win tonight for you....

Lindah said...

Two years! Congratulations, Paula!
I enjoy your posts.

jodie said...

Congratulations and Happu Anniversary.
Jodie

Anonymous said...

I am trying this a 2nd time. Good going on 2 years. Since I don't have a blog I have to admire everyone's efforts, all such fun to read.
Betty

swooze said...

Happy Blogversary! Wow 2 years....congrats!

May Kristin said...

Happy blogiversary! Wow, 2 years! Good luck with the next 2 years!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congrats on your 2 year blog anniversary. Can hardly wait to see what you make with your *happy fabrics* :) They make me :), too.

CONNIE W said...

Wow - two years of blogging - congrats to you!
Connie W

Melinda said...

I would love to be in your drawing. It looks like you had fun buying the black fabric - I use a lot of black.

sewnut said...

It does not seem like 2 years. The pattern link is great, thanks. I am stashbustins and scrapbusting this year to save my credit card from busting :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Blogiversary!
I enjoy reading your blog and wish you many more years of happy blogging!

Patti said...

Wishing you a very happy blog-anniversary! I always enjoy seeing what you are doing. I'd love to be entered into your drawing!