Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates the holiday. Later today we will be headed to the in-laws for dinner with the family. Spring has not arrived here in New Hampshire. There is still a lot of snow on the ground and the warm spring winds have not shown up yet.

Yesterday I treated myself and pre-ordered three books from Amazon.com. They won't arrive for nearly two months, but that's OK. A is For Apron looks like a fun book for making aprons. Aprons seem to be back in vogue and I'm thinking since I have 7 SIL's, a mom and a MIL I may find some cute aprons to make for Christmas present. Take-Along Totes offers some more choices for gifts. Young nieces and nephews would like a new school or toy bag. And if I don't make aprons for all my SIL's, some of them knit and/or scrapbook. The Pretty Little Patchwork book sounds like a fun way to use up scraps.


Since my calendar is pretty full from now until the middle of May they will arrive right when I'm ready to focus on new projects.

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those books look great, I especially would like to see the pretty little patchwork book! They all sound like fun. Happy Easter to you too!

Kim said...

I had pre ordered the tote one also but it comes out next week!
Hope you had a great Easter! I think I'm back in the swing of sewing again after much fighting with machines :( We shall see, fingers crossed.