Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I'm A Plate Collector

Sometime in the last few years I've become a plate collector. I'm not sure why I started collecting plates, I just did. I have three criteria for collecting plates. First, there has to be more than one in the collection. Second, they have to be smaller than dinner plates. Three, they have to make me smile.

My Debbie Mumm Morning plates. I often use these for breakfast. They are the perfect size for a slice or two of toast and a piece of fruit.
Dessert Plates for nibbling a yummy dessert, preferably a home made one.
Cupcake Plates, for eating cupcakes, of course.
Wine and cheese plates for eating cheese in the afternoon.
Playing card plates for my poker playing hubby.
Leaf plates, aren't the colors gorgeous? I use these a lot in the fall and generally for lunch.
A set of teacup luncheon plates. I need to find the missing cup. I don't use these very often because they are dainty.
I would love to find a set of plates like this one. They remind me of the wedding and baby showers I went to as a young girl.

What do you collect? Share some photos with me on your blog.

Sweet P

5 comments:

Lori said...

what a fun thing to collect! I bought a set of plates a couple weeks ago--they have CHICKENS on them. I'll take a picture when I dig them out! I do collect old Transferware dishes. The luncheon plates--I've seen them a LOT--I know my mom had a set. One of the churches has a bunch to use. I love the dainty ones. Coffee and tea just TASTES better in delicate china cup.

Rhonda said...

I enjoyed seeing your plate collection. Very unique and serviceable, too.

carol fun said...

Oh I have lots of plates and I have two plate racks that display 4 at a time. I accumulates a ton of Debbie Mumm plates and I decorate my mantel with flowery plates in the Spring. You can see at pic in my blog entry of March 30 of this year. I'll have to show some more pics on my blog- thanks for the idea.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a fabulous collection! I have nothing interesting that I collect...only fabric and thread :)

Candace said...

I love your collection, I have a sort of collection also and may just follow your invitation to share.