Saturday, August 20, 2011

Amazing Color, More Squares and Staying Organized

I've stitched three more squares on Amazing Color this week: B3, B4 and B5. This project is still proving to be fun and challenging at the same time.
I thought I would share how I am keeping organized for this project. After all, the pattern squares are printed twelve to a page, six on each side, plus there is a blank grid page for marking off squares as you stitch them and a page of threads and directions. That means keeping track of about 20 pages. So, I have repurposed a covered notebook I made a few years ago and it's working out well for me.
On the inside of the notebook there are pockets. This is where I keep a pen, pencil and a few needles. I bought a zipper pencil case at the dollar store and keep threads in it until I need a specific thread.
The pattern pages are kept in plastic sleeves. I'm only using five sleeves so there a few pages visible at a time. On each square I have written in what thread to use since I am not using her original colors but an alternate set of threads.
I bought a set of bobbin pages for storing threads as they are needed. As you can see in the photo I have used 14 of the 27 colors so far. The DMC colors are in the two left rows and the Weeks Dye Works threads are on the right. I will probably separate the two sets once I use enough colors to finish up one side or the other.
How do you keep your projects organized?

Sweet P

3 comments:

Angie said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your covered notebook!! Would you mind sharing a little tutorial on how you did it? I would love to try one!! :D

Bev C said...

Hello Paula,

Your stitchery is beautiful. Good luck with it. It reminds me of a rainbow.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Lori said...

organized? ARE YOU KIDDING??? But then I realized I do try to confine each project to one of those zip lock top bags with handles from Dollar Tree. Mostly. Some of the time. Well, I did find a few stray Jacob's ladder blocks on the floor under my table this morning.....