Monday, August 08, 2011

Recession Swap Goodies and a New Crochet Project

Last month I participated in a Recession Special swap on Ravelry. The goal was to spend less than $15 on the package that was to include something handmade, yarn from your stash and one goodie. Let me show you what I made for my partner.

First I made this washcloth using Lily Sugar 'N Cream cotton yarn.
The pattern was designed by a friend on Ravelry.
Then I made three more washcloths with the same yarn.
She asked me to sew her something so I made her a knitting needle case with butterfly fabric.
My swap partner sent me a pair of purple knitted socks.
And here is the rest of her package: homemade strawberry jam, hand spun yarn and note cards.
I started a new crochet project on Saturday. The Ruadh Shawl has been speaking to me ever since I saw the pattern on Ravelry. I'm not a fan of red so I went in search of a plum heather. I found the perfect yarn in my store: Bernat Satin in Plum Mist Heather. I'm name my shawl Corcra, the Irish word for purple. I started the cable edging on Saturday and am already half done with the edging. It's a fun project so far.
My stitching muse is still calling to work on Amazing Color and I've promised her that I will work one skein of yarn in the shawl and then stitch a square or two. It can be hard work listening to my different muses.

How do you listen to your Muses?

Sweet P

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

Lots of pretty goodies.