Thursday, March 11, 2010

Two Finishes in Two Days

I have two finishes this week! It's been awhile since I've completed two projects within two days. Both projects sprung forth from my crochet hooks on impulse. Last week I read about a Knit Along on Ravelry for knitting anything with cables. I have been wanting to crochet cables for some time. I grabbed my book Learn A Stitch, Create A Scarf by Mary Nolfi and a hank of rose Wool-Ease and crocheted away. It took me about 15 hours to make the scarf.
On Tuesday afternoon I was browsing Facebook and came across a post from The Crochet Dude giving a link to a new pattern of his from Leisure Arts: The Berry Clutch. I couldn't resist. I used blue Cascade yarn. The pattern was quick and easy. It took me about 3 hours to make it.

Both projects need a few finishing touches - the scarf needs four buttons and I'm thinking of adding a button to the clutch instead of the ties he uses to close it.

What's up next? Who knows? I still have to finish sewing 12 swap blocks and the sample bag. But I'm sure I'll be picking up yarn or floss again soon.

Happy Stitching!

Sweet P

2 comments:

country mouse said...

Congrats on your finishes. I love the little bag, so cute. I think a button closure would look nice, maybe a unique button that would be a fun focus item? The scarf is lovely too. I am in awe on all you knitters and crocheters out there. They are skills I just don't have...yet. Maybe one of these days I'll get brave and give it a shot :cD

Paula said...

These are great! I haven't attempted cables yet but they are certainly on my list of want-to's! I think the button on your clutch is a great idea and would look really nice.