Sunday, March 07, 2010

Look! I Remember How To Sew

Sunday Activity
The Hotel Man is traveling again. This week he is in Europe and will be home next Saturday. I had today off and decided it was time to sew. I didn't want to work in my studio so I set up my sewing machine on the desk in the kitchen/dining room. You can see I kept myself surrounded with electronics.

I put my laptop on the dining room table next to me. Then I hooked it up to the monitor so I could keep an eye on my e-mail and Facebook. Since the dining room table was my cutting station, I kept the printer on the desk. Believe or not, I did have enough room for working on the swap blocks.
I also had my DVD player close by on one of the stools. I was a happy sewer. By the way, the Quiznos bag was my scrap bag.
I sewed for seven hours, with a short break at lunch time. Around 5 PM I decided I had done enough sewing and needed chocolate. So, I did what any good quilter would do: I ate dessert! I had a yummy bowl of Oreo Cookie ice cream with chocolate syrup and walnuts. Before you start telling me I was bad girl, after the ice cream I ate a dinner of chicken, stuffing and butternut squash.
Giving Proper Credit
Now that I have my laptop back I was able to determine that the embroidered flower I stitched is from Mary Corbet at Needle 'N Thread. Thanks, Mary, for a fun pattern.

Anyone Want To Go On A Retreat?
I haven't been a sewing retreat for three years. I would love to set one up somewhere in New Hampshire, southern Maine or Massachusetts. It would be for anyone who plays with fabric, threads or yarn. If you're interested in attending, please comment below and then send me an e-mail at coffeetimestitches at comcast dot net and answer the following questions:
  1. Would you prefer a late summer or fall retreat?
  2. Would you prefer a one day retreat or multiple days?
  3. If multiple days, would you prefer week days or a weekend?
  4. What would you be willing to pay per day?
  5. How far would you be willing to travel for a retreat?
Depending on the answers I will work on setting up a retreat.

That's all the news for tonight. I'm hoping to get back to a more regular blogging schedule now that my laptop is healthy again.

Sweet P

2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I love quilting retreats, but that's too far for me to travel.
Love your stitchery...that's a lovely design.

Mary Corbet said...

Oh, Nice! I really like what you did with the heart pattern! It looks perfect - this is the first time I've seen it stitched!

Thanks very much for mentioning the source!

Best,
Mary