Friday, April 26, 2013

Where?

Where do you create?  In your studio?  In your bedroom?  In your dining room?

I have a craft/studio room.  It used to be just for me, or at least it was for the first 18 months we lived here.  Then Mr. E came along and he needed a place to sleep so a pack and play was added to the space.  When he outgrew the pack and play last summer a day bed went up and my sewing table table came down.  Since then the room has become a dumping ground for craft supplies.  This is how it looks this morning:
This is the worst it has ever been.  Next week a friend is coming over to help me deep clean and organize it.  My plan is to get a full-size bed, get rid of the kitchen island and move our current bedroom dressers in there for storage.  At least that's what I'm hoping to do in the next two months.

I have two main places I craft now.  One is the dining room table.  It could hardly be called a dining room table since the only time we use it for eating is for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Last night I was cutting papers for journals on it.
 This morning I'm inking journal covers.
When I am crocheting, needlepointing or hand work I sit in my "nest" (that's our nickname for my end of the couch).  If we ever get rid of the couch I'm in trouble!  I love the fold down table in the middle!

Show me where you craft!

Sweet P

4 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Like you I have a spot at the end of the couch and we have a foot stool that hold my yarn, patterns and etc. Happy A-Z Challenge

Sylvia Ney said...

Wherever I can find space and time! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Mine's all packed up in a closet and anywhere else I can stash it, which makes it hard to do anything with it because dragging it out is more work than the actual projects. Right now I do have some sewing things piled in a corner of the dining room from when I recently finished a 7-year old project. Maybe when all the kids move out I'll have some space of my own to craft!
Rhonda, visiting from the A to Z Challenge DizzyStir

orneryswife said...

I have a divine little room all set up, although at the moment it is quite a mess.

Just dropping in from the A to Z road trip! Hope you get that room all fixed up!
tm
zoecottage.blogspot.com