Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Marriage

I believe in marriage.  I have a happy marriage and love my husband more every day.

When we talk with young couples about marriage we tell them our three secrets to a happy marriage:

  1. Take turns loving each other "more".  On odd days my husband loves me more.  On even days I love him more.  On special days like birthdays or anniversaries, we love each other equal.
  2. No matter how far apart we are (hubby travels 150,000 miles a year) we always tell each good night and say I love you.
  3. We celebrate being married every 100 days.  Yup, you read that right-every 100 days we celebrate being married.  Sometimes we go out for special dinner, sometimes we buy a special item for the house.  If it's an annivesary for a 1,000 day milestone we often go away for a long weekend.
How do you celebrate being married or in a committed relationship?

Sweet P

No comments: