Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Resisting and Recipes

I've been resisting keeping up on the alphabet blogging.  Not for lack of topics, but my Creative Muse has kept me busy creating, rather than writing.  I'm going to ignore her for a little while and get caught up with my alphabet challenge

Recipes
I love to cook.  We love to eat.  With the advent of the Internet it's been difficult to print out recipes and keep them handy when I'm working in the kitchen.  My computer sits only a few feet away from the counter, but it's hard to read a recipe even with the screen print made large.

That's where this gadget comes in handy.  I found this recipe stand at the Container Store in January and I love it!  I print out a recipe, slip it under the Plexiglas and cook away!  If the recipe turns out OK, it stays there.  If it flops, the paper goes into the recycle bin.

This is how I used to keep the recipes on my counter.  It's a wire cookbook stand I bought years ago in Las Vegas.  I bought a small chalkboard and had a friend cut it to fit the stand.  I still keep in the kitchen, but he has been retired from recipe holding.

Let's take a quick look through some of the recipes I currently have on the board:
  • Fruit Salsa and Baked Cinnamon Chips - Yum!  I made this for Mr. E's birthday party.  It was a big hit.  The baked cinnamon chips are addicting and make a good snack on their own!
  • Banana Bread Muffins - Mr. E adores making these muffins with me.  He would eat every single one if I let him!
  • I love Cinnamon & Spice's blog. I have several of her recipes on my stand.  I recommend all of them: Chocolate Peanut Butter Magic in the Middles cookies, Oven Fried Swiss Cheese Chicken with Egg Noddles in a Creamy Sauce and Italian Meatloaf
What are some of your favorite recipes?

Sweet P

No comments: