Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Stitching and Shopping

 Stitching
I love to stitch!  That shouldn't be a surprise given my blog name.

This past week I finished stitching a few items for dear friends who recently had a baby girl.
I made her this adorable sundress.
With a matching sweater and hat.

These are first items I've made for a little girl in a long time.  I love them.  I hope friends have more baby girls so I can stitch more girly stuff.

Shopping
I'm not a total shopaholic.  I don't like shopping for clothes and shoes.  I do like grocery shopping.  But my self-admitted downfall is shopping where I work.  After all, where else does one get stitching and art supplies?

Anyway, our store is being remodeled in a few weeks and we did a huge price markdown in paper crafting and children's art supplies this past weekend. Just what this budding paper crafter, journaler and grandmother needed to take money out of the bank!  After all, I have plans to make three Disney journals for our upcoming Disney vacation.

I bought two Smash journals and coordinating products, two Basic Gray journals and a few other miscellaneous paper crafting items.  I also went to Staples to buy a heavy duty binder and inserts for Mr. E's journal, plus a quick trip to B&N for Disney books.
For Mr. E I found the Crayola Dry-Erase Activity Center Zany Play edition.  He had fun playing with it the other night.
 
Now, other than buying a few sponge brushes for Gesso, I'm done shopping for awhile.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those baby clothes you made are adorable!