DH and I had a relaxing day today after shopping at Target and the grocery store this morning. I have a painful callus on the bottom of my foot that I am trying to get rid of and I can't do much walking so an afternoon and evening on the couch was just the ticket. I am almost done with the binding on the quilt for Tasha's nephew. I'll probably finish it early tomorrow.
Dianne shared with me her tip for using hair clips for holding on binding instead of using pins. So today I invested in two packages of the clips. I used them on the quilt I am currently binding and they are great! Thanks for the suggestion Dianne. I only bought 24 clips so I will be on the lookout for more the next time I'm at Target. Mmmmm . . . I wonder if the Sally Beauty Supply store carries a larger bag of them. I'll have to check that out this week.
Calico Cat started this one so I thought I'd join in.
1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?
I have Pat Speth's More Nickel Quilts. Page 18, paragraph 4 talks about sewing rows together and pressing them in opposite directions.
2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?
My bookcase of quilt books
3. What's the last program you watched on tv?
We are watching the USC/Cal football game
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
9 PM, actually it's 9:07
5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?
See #3 above, with an occasional flip to a poker game
6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
I walked to the corner butcher shop at 4 to buy our meat for the week
7. What are you wearing?
yellow thermal top and a pair of husband's PJ bottoms
8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?
I dreamt about getting a raise.
9. When was the last time you laughed?
About 10 minutes ago while DH and I were cleaning the kitchen.
10. What's on the walls, in the room you're in right now?
The walls are painted mocha brown. Behind me is two framed pages from a Boston paper when the Pats won the Super Bowl. An another are two paintings I did and two paintings done by my art teacher
11. Have you seen anything strange lately?
Not anything I can remember.
12. What do you think about this meme?
It's different, that's for sure.
13. What's the last film you saw? On TV or at the cinema?
Flags of Our Fathers at the cinema
14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
Build a new house with a media room and an awesome quilt studio, some would be donated to charity and the rest would be saved.
15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.
I'm left handed. Can you tell if people are right or left handed if you've never seen them in person?
16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be?
17. Do you like dancing?
I love dancing. DS and I danced to the Hokey Pokey for the Mother/Son dance at his wedding this past summer.
18. Last crafty endeavor?
Sewing the binding on a quilt.
19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?
Before I had children I wanted to name them Chad Michael (which I was fortunate to have) and Roxandra (never had any girls)
20. What amused you recently?
DH telling me he liked shopping with me today when we were leaving Target. How many men do you know that like to shop at Target?