Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Catching Up





I've read some people commenting that bloglines didn't seem to be capturing everyone's updates, but didn't think too much about it. I was getting a few updates and I just assumed that many of you were off on Thanksgiving holiday and would catch up sooner or later.

Well, I was wrong. Tonight when I logged into bloglines nearly everyone on my list of 76 blogs had updates. I started looking at a few of them and realized that there were lots of new entries, many of them from over the long weekend. Whatever was wrong with bloglines must have been fixed. I am officially behind in blog reading so if I normally comment on your blog and I haven't sent you a comment for a few days, don't worry, I'll catch up soon.

Anyway, here is a picture of one of the big trucks in the Christmas parade on Sunday afternoon. The parade was great and all the kids enjoyed it. There were lots of big trucks, lots of cute kids, a couple of marching bands and, of course, Santa Claus. Everyone stayed for a few hours after the parade and I was able to catch this picture of Max, Mya and Jake. Max and Mya are twins and Jake is their older brother. They are quite the armful of kid-dom.

I finished the binding on my Magic Ribbons quilt and it now graces my bed. We've used for two nights now and absolutely love it. It's not wide enough to totally cover down the sides of the bed, but we haven't started fighting over it. We'll see what happens when it gets below zero this winter.

Every time I sit down to hand work I never know what to do with the snippets of thread and how to keep my tools neat so I can pick up quickly when I'm done. Sunday morning I decided to use the directions for the bag I made last week and make it with only a fat quarter. I used my FQ of Hoffman Challenge fabric and it took me all of 15 minutes to make it. I didn't put a handle on the bag nor did I put a closure on it. I used it while I finished my binding on Sunday afternoon. It's the perfect size to hold my scissors, thread, my bottle of clips and my needle dome. I tossed in the snippets of thread and when I was done all I needed to do was pick up the bag and put it away.

I love the size of this bag and I was looking it I thought it would make a great little bag for a young child. Put in a box of big crayons and a small coloring book or some small toys and voila! a bag that a two old could carry. Even one of my picture books would fit nicely into the bag. So now I know what I'm going to give my youngest nieces and nephews for Christmas. I told Tasha we could make some for her daycare class too. So this weekend we'll go to Joanne's for fabric since I am still out of children's novelty prints.

That's all the news for now. I'm off to try to catch up on my blog reading.

6 comments:

Libby said...

I really like the effect of your woven quilt. Hope the tugging isn't too rigerous when the weather gets cold *s*

Anonymous said...

Your quilt looks wonderful, Paula! It reminds me a bit of my yet to be quilted Kitty "leap frog" but yours is on point.

These oversized and/or pillow top mattresses these days make it hard to get blankets and quilts quite long enough.

Darlene said...

Your magic ribbons quilt is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Same thing happend to me. Yesterday bloglines had updated every singel blog I had subscribed.
Magic ribbon is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Nice quilt, my husband & I both have a quilt on our bed - we would fight over a king sized quilt otherwise in 40 degree weather!

Marla said...

Love the magic ribbons quilt!