Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Five Wierd Things

I started cutting my birthday FQs tonight. Each FQ is being cut into one 11.5 inch square, one 6.5 inch square and four 2 inch by 19 inch strips. The leftover rectangle is going back into the baggie so I don’t forget who gave me each FQ. I have five FQs cut, only 30 more to go. My WOW fabric should be here by the end of the week so I'm hoping I'll be able to get all the fabric cut so I can start sewing together my quilt on Saturday. I'm not certain if I'm going to make the quilt using quilt-as-you-go or not. I probably won't decide on the quilting until I finish making the blocks.

The backing for my Magic Ribbons top came today. If you’ve never purchased your backing from Christian Lane Quilters, I’d highly recommend it. I purchased a piece of Moda Kansas Trouble fabric that is 110 inches by 116 inches for a sale price of $30. The package was shipped on Friday and arrived today. Magic Ribbons is a mystery quilt that I made over New Year's Weekend. It will be going to my long arm quilter and will eventually grace my bed.


It's my turn to let you in on five wierd things about me:

In my immediate family I am the baby, the only girl, the only one who is left-handed and the only one who chose to live 1,500 miles away from the family. My three older brothers all live within 10 minutes of my parents.

When I make a meal I have to have at least three items on my plate. Just a steak and a baked potato? Never! I have to have a vegetable too. Spaghetti? Only if I can have garlic bread, too. Pasta and sauce do count as two items. Although these days I tend to have steak or chicken, a hot vegetable and a salad. Oh yeah, beverages don’t count as an item.

I love snow. I don’t ski or skate or snowmobile, but I love a good snowstorm. Preferably a blizzard. I always feel so cozy and warm while watching the snow falling outside. I get so giddy at the first snow fall. I get as hyper as a child on Christmas morning!

I prefer to work in the morning. If I could set my own work hours I would be at my desk between 7 and 7:30 and home by 3:30 or 4. After 4 it’s very hard for me to focus on work. It’s time for me to rest by then, not try to make the numbers on the computer screen perfect.

I love football, baseball and golf. I haven’t met very many women who are sports fans like I am. During the fall I’ve been known to schedule events so I don’t have to miss my Sunday NFL games. This year I’m so excited that there will be games shown on Thursday nights as well as Sundays and Mondays. Every Labor Day weekend Bruce and I attend the Deutsche Bank Golf Tournament to watch Tiger Woods play golf for four days.

There you have it - what's wierd about me. If you haven't been tagged yet or if you're still trying to decide what's wierd about you, I'm waiting to see your answers.

4 comments:

Hedgehog said...

I love the first snow, too! Just like I did when I was 6. Have you read Finn's snow post today?

Carol said...

I don't think you are weird at all...what could be better than football in the fall. And you are so right...college football on all different nights of the week...NFL too. I enjoy golf also...Tiger has made it so fun. Sunday sports is my time with Andy...and hand work, binding or applique.

Libby said...

I'm a morning person, too. If I don't get something started in the morning, it most likely won't get done at all *s* I like your Magic Ribbons -- it looks woven. Very nice.

sewnut said...

I love snow - for as long as it will snow!!! At night it is as if diamonds are dancing in the sky. By day, I feel as if a giant eiderdown is being shaken loose all around me. I get giddy and can not stop grinning from the first flakes I see, which was today!!!

Even a little white out, enough snow remaining to frost the lawn and porch...