Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tie Dye Anyone?

Earlier I posted photos of crocheted snowflakes I made earlier this week.  The original design I used called for Teal crochet thread.  However, we don't carry any colored #3 crochet thread in our store, only white and beige.  I did a Google search for hand dyeing cotton yarn and found a link to Yarn Gear.  I decided to give dyeing a try.

I bought a bottle of turquoise dye and went to work.
I am thrilled with the results!
The thread is almost and ready to work with.  I can't wait!

I started a stay-cation last night.  I am home for the next five days and on Friday morning hubby and I are flying to Scottsdale for a long weekend.  My goal during this week is to tackle a few "burr in my side projects", both around the house and creative projects.  Stay tuned to see what I do get done.

Sweet P


No comments: