Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Project I Can Show

I can show one of the projects I finished yesterday. I made a version of Leanne Beasley's Couch Companion from one the Australian magazines. Instead of making the stitchery, I used coordinated ribbon and rick rack to decorate the companion. Here it is closed:
Here is is opened:
Here is a close-up of the three pocket side:
I really like how it turned out. I picked up a different package of coordinating ribbon today to make a couch companion for me.

We were given gift cards at work because our Shrink (the amount of merchandise lost during the year) was below the company's goal. I used mine to buy a box of Kreinik Silk Bella thread. There are 25 half-skeins of floss, plus a pattern, in the box. By using a 50% coupon and my gift card I didn't have to a penny for it!
Now I need to find a special, just-for-me, project to make with the threads. Any suggestions?

Sweet P

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the fabric and trim that you used. And WOW, you were very thrifty on the skeins of thread! Love that!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

What a darling little project you made for yourself! I love the fabrics and trim and the bright colors!

I love a bargain too, and you got yourself a good one with the coupon and the gift card! Good for you!

MGM

Cathi said...

I just got the same Kreinik thread, albeit, not as good a bargain as you! I did use a 40% coupon, so not bad. Can hardly wait to try it out.

Unknown said...

What beautiful thread and your couch companion turned out so lovely .

Leanne said...

I have a couch companion they are so handy. I have made a few as gifts. I like the idea of ribbon and ric rac as a fast alternative to the stitchery.

Quilter Kathy said...

What about the projects at this blog...
http://elefantz.blogspot.com/
Enjoy!