Friday, August 04, 2006

I'm So Excited!

I know many quilt bloggers are having a No Buy August. I chose not to participate as I haven't bought any fabric since May and have been using my Stash. Good luck to everyone who is participating.

Why am I excited? Tomorrow I get to meet Yvonne, a fellow quilter, who lives in Washington and is visiting her daughter who is currently working in Boston.

I am taking Yvonne to the Lowell Quilt Show and the musem and depending on how much time we have and we feel like doing, I have designed our drive back to Boston to go by 3 quilt shops and one big fabric store. I don't have any definite plans to buy fabric and quilty stuff; but I'm leaving myself open to whatever may strike my fancy! I do have to behave a little because next week we are going to Cape Cod and I plan on meeting another quilt friend and go to a quilt show. And if that isn't enough, the following weekend is the World Quilt Show in Manchester and I'm going to be meeting some more quilting friends there!

That's a lot of quilt inspiration for one month, dont' you think?

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Wow, all those shows....
The one in Manchester, is it at the Radisson? We go there every April for MQX. Maybe we can get together next year???
If you've been using stash since April then you've already gone above and beyond the August challenge. Enjoy the weekend and your friend's visit. If one of the shops you're stopping at is Mill Girl, say hi to Cricket for me.

floribunda said...

I would love to know more about the shows in New England. My sis (who lives in Australia) is coming over next summer and wants me to find a quilty excursion for us, and she specifically wants to get to New England! Which is the best big show? Love that quilt chest...

Julie in California

Sweet P said...

testing