Sunday, August 06, 2006

Time Well Spent and Football is Here

Today was the first day of my new goal. I had to earn my computer time by quilting. This morning I made a couple test nine patch blocks. This afternoon and early evening I spent a total of about 5 hours hand quilting my mini whole cloth quilt. I consider it a good test afternoon for the upcoming football season. Now I am confident that I can hand quilt while watching football with Bruce this fall. Although I have earned about 3 hours of computer I haven't used it all up! But I do like this goal I have set for myself.

Thanks for all the compliments on my oak and glass chest. When Bruce came home today and saw the chest he was glad I bought it. He likes it too. I have put my one and only finished quilt in there for now. Someday there will be more quilts in it.

For those who don't know me very well I am a big football and baseball fan. Tonight is the Football Hall of Fame game and I'm all ready for it! Too bad my New England Patriots are playing, but their first game is this Friday night. Woohoo!!

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Good for you on the first day of your new challenge.
I won't rag you about the Pats. NYers can only hope.

Cynthia said...

When we have the Australian Rules football season here (which is now) i often do some handwork while watching the football. Or i listen to the commentry.

Sweet P said...

Testing my comments

sewnut said...

Earning time, sort of finding the balance of priorities.
Quilting for computer time is a good matchup. Also very good for your loving home life is the development in your hand quilting. That will make your honey happy I think.
I just suggested to my honey that it would be a good idea to consider moving the big quilt frame to the den' that it would fit and then I could do my handwork while he watched his TV. In his ideal world we would spend most of our time together but somehow that precludes having any time at the sewing machine or at the computer so this is a good plan.
Now maybe you can earn sewing time by doing hand work time while you are in the same room as your honey.
Good Luck to all the challenges out there!