In my former career I was a data geek. In 2007 I started keeping an Excel workbook for tracking my time spent creating and the money spent on creating. Here are my stats for 2010.
From January 1 - December 31 I spent 556.50 hours creating. That translates into these data bytes:
- 46.38 hours per month
- 1.52 hours per day
- August was my most productive month with 58.5 hours, most of it making this shawl
- February was my least productive month with only 25 hours
- On average my busiest day of the month is the 21st where I spent a total of 33 hours creating, or an average of 2.75 hours per month
- My least busiest day of the month is the 3rd where I spent only 9.25 hours or an average 0.77 hours per month
- My most productive day of the year was March 22 where I created for 7.75 hours.
- I spent $1,444.64 on creating tools (fabric, yarn, etc.)
- That's an average of $120.39 a month
- Or an average of $3.96 a day
- Or an average of $2.60 an hour. Much cheaper than therapy, huh?