Saturday, April 17, 2010

Learning How To Crochenit

Before I got sick I ordered a set of double ended crochet hooks from eKnittingNeedles.com. I've wanted to try other forms of crochet for quite a while. I had a set of Tunisian crochet hooks on my Christmas list, but no one bought them for me.

Over the last three nights I have crochenitted and frogged the first six rows three times. On my fourth try tonight I finally got it right. Here's a close-up of my progress so far.
Here's a view of the whole work so far. I'm making Crochenit Patches by Winifred Carnley. The pattern is in the April issue of Crochet World magazine. The afghan has 12 - 12X12 inch blocks.
I'm going to use this yarn I bought last month to make the afghan.
Tomorrow is the first day off I've had in a while when I haven't been sick or somewhere to go. What am I going to do? I'm going to clean my studio and reorganize my projects. Then I can spend time creating and not feel guilty about the growing piles.

Sweet P

2 comments:

Laura said...

That is really neat! I only know basic crochet.

Libby said...

Well that looks really interesting - I've not been able to master crochet or knit . . . . wonder if this is the technique I could learn?