Friday, April 16, 2010

Coming Up For Air

Well, after dealing with a nasty virus for nearly three weeks, a week of celebrating Mr. E's first birthday and a surprise four day visit from my son who lives in NYC, I can finally get caught up on life. My house is a disaster. My studio is even worse.

There have been several highlights in the last few days. I learned my sons can cook. DS, the daddy, made breakfast burritos for us on Sunday. Too bad I was so busy trying to get a project done I didn't get to enjoy a complete burrito. Perhaps he'll make me another one soon.
My youngest son cooked dinner three nights in a row. On Monday night he made chicken, roasted potatoes and green beans. The whole meal was yummy, especially the green beans that he boiled and then sauteed in garlic olive oil. On Tuesday night daddy DS made fish for him and his brother. I don't eat fish so youngest DS made me steak. On Wednesday night he made home made pizzas. It was the first time my pizza stone and pizza peel were used. He makes awesome pizza.

Yesterday morning youngest DS left for home. Mommy, daddy and Mr. E stayed home. Last night I was home alone and relaxed. I spent time playing with a new crochet toy (more about that tomorrow).

Tonight DH is out with friends and I'm home alone again. That's OK. I'm catching up on my DVR'd shows, writing blog posts and will be playing with my new toy. I used my pizza stone for the first time by myself tonight. I made a Prosciutto, Pear and Gorgonzola pizza on Ciabatta bread for dinner. It was yummy and I can't wait to make it again.
So, what's everyone else been up to lately?

Sweet P

2 comments:

Betsy said...

glad you are better Paula. yummy foods.

Denise in PA said...

Hi Paula, so sorry you weren't feeling well - yuck! What a nice surprise you had! And how nice that the boys fed you for days - LOL! My Step-son is the cook in his family and it amazes me (I raised him from the age of 6 and believe me, that LAST thing I would have thought was that he'd be so into cooking - I love it! I've been up to sewing as much as possibe - AND finally got my blog up and running (shameless plug here ) - http://mylifeinquilts.blogspot.com