Friday was our anniversary and we had a full day of fun. First up was a golf game for DH at Crotched Mountain golf course. Unfortunately, a thunderstorm rolled in and they closed the course when he was on the 15th hole so he didn't get a complete round in.
Next stop was a new-to-me quilt shop - Apple Tree Fabrics. I bought backing for my Autumn Stairstepper quilt, one yard of fabric that DH says, "This will look good in my house", a collection of sewing notion bluework patterns and this cute little hand painted box with fat eighths in it.
For dinner we went to a Brazilian steak house. Yummy! All you can you eat salad and meat dinner topped with scrumptious carrot cake and cappuccino for dessert.
Saturday I got to pick up my Pink Finity quilt from my quilter. She did an outstanding job quilting it and I can't wait to sew the binding on and enjoy the quilt. I dropped of my Wicked Girlie quilt and she will have it ready for me next Saturday. That will be two of my finishes this month. Hooray.
I'm in the swapping mood and have one swap announcement and a Pay It Forward exchange. You can sign up for one or both if you'd like.
Three people have expressed an interest in the stitchery swap. I thought up these guidelines if that helps you decide to join:
- We will swap one-on-one a stitchery item no larger than 12 x 12 inches. It could be a pin cushion, a needle case or a small wall hanging.
- The item can be redwork, bluework or embroidery. But there must be some type of stitchery in the project.
- I will gather the names and addresses of people willing to participate and swap out the names and addresses. You will mail to your swap partner.
- Deadline for sign-ups is July 28th and you will have until September 1 to mail your stitchery.
- International swappers can play too. So if you sign up let me know if you don't mind sending international packages.
- If you'd like to join the swap send me an email and let me know. I will send you my email address and then you can send me your snail mail address.
I just got home from dropping off DH at the airport. He is gone until Friday and then next weekend he is visiting his best friend so I'm home alone for the week. I came home to find the new Rachel Ray magazine and two quilting books in the mail so I'm off to take a bubble bath to relax and read.