Saturday, January 20, 2007

Goody Day Today

No, I didn’t buy any fabric goodies, but I did get a few quilt goodies today. A few days ago someone in one of my quilt groups asked what three quilt books you would recommend if you could only have three. Someone suggested "Quilting Makes the Quilt" by Lee Cleeland. In the book Lee shows 12 different quilts each one quilted 5 different ways. I knew I had to have the book since I'm getting ready to start quilting my tops. My local Barnes & Noble didn't have it in stock, but could it from the warehouse so I ordered it. On Thursday I got a 15% off coupon for a B&N in store purchase. Yesterday I was notified the book was in so today (after having to work for a few hours) I stopped at B&N to pick up the book.

I always stroll the bargain aisles at B&N hoping they decide to put a quilt book or two there, but have never found one. However I did make an interested find there. So many of you are doing stitchery snowmen or redwork and I've commented that I was thinking about giving it a try and many of you have encouraged me to try it. Anyway, I found this Stitch-It Kit by Jenny Hart for less than $7! How could I resist? I've already read the book and may start practicing tomorrow. The iron-on patterns are cool and can be used up to 9 times each. Stay tuned for my first piece.

I got a two more goodies in the mail when I got home. I've been hosting a nickel swap throughout the football season and on of the participants sent me this cute Charm School - Lesson One pattern for using some of the nickels I won. Although I'm thinking I might use some of the Moda heart charms I got as part of my Christmas present. Finally I had sent some orange fabric to another quilter and in return she sent me some polka dot fabric.


I finished quilting my mini Tulips quilt earlier this week. I've started the binding and should have it finished tomorrow. I'll post a picture when I'm done. DH and I are watching a movie tonight and then he has to pack. Tomorrow he leaves at 5:30 AM for Los Angeles. So I'll get to sleep in and spend the day playing in my quilt room - at least until football time.

2 comments:

Libby said...

Sounds like some nice finds. Our B&N does have some quilt related books, but less and less all the time.
Enjoy your stitcher projects -- always fun to have some little something available to pick up and work on.

dot said...

Never thought of looking at B&N for quilt books, not that I need any more. Looks like you are going to have fun being busy.