Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Weekend Retreat

I took a couple days off and had a personal retreat. I needed a break from the rush of the holidays and with Hotel Man out of town it was perfect time be alone and regroup. I was home alone from Saturday night until Monday night when Mr. E came over. He was here all day Tuesday as well and we just hung out for the day.

Before Hotel Man left on Saturday he captured the winter sun rising off the patio deck.
What did I do on my retreat? I picked up a needle and threads and stitched. I finished stitching three projects for the Poker Room for Hotel Man. All that's left is to press them and stitch on charms. Then they can be framed and hung.


I recently signed up for an online Beginning Needlepoint class from Janet Perry. This is my version of the mini sampler from one of the lessons.
I stitched 2 1/2 more squares on Amazing Color. I can't believe I hadn't touched this project in over three months! I need to spend more time on it or it will never get finished. I added squares A9, A10 and part of A11.
I also belong to Janet's Stash Club and finally started one of the projects, Nana's Afghan. The pattern design is a little larger than mine and calls for a completely scrappy look. I only had a small piece of mono canvas in my stash and am not a fan of scrappy so I'm designing the color scheme as I go along from my stash.
I had a visitor this morning while sipping my cuppa and perusing the overnight Internet news. This cute little red squirrel found his way onto our patio and was hopping around. I only got a photo of him through the screen, but isn't he adorable?
That's all the news for now. Happy stitching to you!

Sweet P

1 comment:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

All your little stitcheries looks great Paula! And your time alone sounds like the perfect thing! Your little deck visitor is too cute :)

MGM