Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year, a Little Late

Belated Happy New Year! I hope the start of the new year has been good for you. So far, the year has been good for me.

I am not a New Year Resolution maker. I dislike setting goals and making plans to change myself. I love to live in the moment and relish the wonder of each morning and what the day will bring to me and my family.

What I did decide to was choose a word for the year. My word for this year is:

ORDINARY

What is ordinary?
  • Ordinary is snuggling with The Hotel Man in the early morning before we fully start our day.
  • Ordinary is a half-filled coffee cup left sitting on the kitchen counter.
  • Ordinary is the sound of Mr. E talking to his animals and reading a book while he falls asleep at nap time.
  • Ordinary is trying a new recipe for dinner.
  • Ordinary is looking around my house and seeing the remains of my day.
Here are a few photos of the ordinary from the first few days of 2012

Mr E's bike on the back patio
Mr. E decorating wiggly worm cookies
One of the toy corners in the living room
A few leftover Christmas items waiting to be put away
Where can you find ordinary in your day?

Sweet P

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I like your word of the year and the photos.
Take care.

Amy Darsie said...

There is so much beauty in the simplicity of every day. What a great post!