Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Sewing, Sewing and More Sewing

Get yourself a cup of coffee and settle in for a few photos. I've been busy as a beaver in my studio and have several finished projects to share.

Last summer while on vacation Hotel Man picked out three fabrics for me with the caveat I make something for me out of them. I finally finished that task. Most of the fabric went into this project bag. I followed the pattern from em ay kay ee.
Here is the inside of the bag. Isn't the polka dot fabric wild?
Inside the pockets there is room for a zipper pouch (from the same website), my needle case and my modified crochet hook case.
Here is the crochet hook case open and full of hooks.
Next up . . . what do you get when you mix these 4" squares
With this alphabet panel and inspiration from here?
You get 30 bean bags and a play mat.
I sent this home with my nephew today.
Mr. E will have a set of his own soon too.
One more sewing project: I finished this cupcake apron for my niece.
She used it today while we made cupcakes.
Mr. E helped us make cupcakes too.
He liked licking the spoon!
Whew! My sewing machine has enjoyed being used. I hope it doesn't take me too long to get back to it.

Sweet P

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Great projects Paula. thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

Wonderful being "forced" to make something for yourself! I love the colors and it will be very useful!

I may have to break down and make something similar for Zoe.....enabler... :)

Candace said...

I love your projects, the bag is awesome. Mr. E looks happy and contented I think you have a volunteer to lick the spoon anytime you are making goodies.

Candace said...

PS Cuties must run in the family your niece is one too.