Friday, September 04, 2009

Happy Creative Anniversary To Me!

September 4 marks the anniversary of my venture back into quilting. It was September 4, 2004 when I started my first on-line quilt class from Quilt University. It's hard to believe I've been playing with fabric and thread for five years! I've learned a lot, played a lot and spent a lot of money in the last few years. I started with making quilts and have expanded my creativity to stitcheries, cross stitch, crocheting and even into paper crafting.

Would I trade any of it? Not a chance! Fabric, thread, needles and yarn have become lifesavers time and again. They've seen me through a son's wedding, condo shopping, an long-term illness and the birth of Mr. E.

Here are few of my early projects.

This is the first quilt I made. I made it for DH. It has Red Sox and New England Patriots fabrics. I call it All Stars.
This is the first baby quilt I made for a co-worker.
This is my Wicked Girly queen-sized quilt. I'm normally not a pastel girl, but I found these fabrics in a bargain bin and couldn't pass them up.
This is a mini ABC quilt. I started the alphabet stitcheries from Bobby Sox and put four of them together in a mini quilt. I haven't finished the remaining blocks. I think I got as far as G.

When did you start quilting? Tell us about it and share some of your early photos.

Have a great weekend! We are doing our normal Labor Day excursion. Tomorrow we are off to watch the Deutsche Bank Golf Championship. A weekend of Tiger, Phil, Vijay and others. It's one of my favorite weekends of the year.

Sweet P

3 comments:

Candace said...

Congratulations on your quilty anniversary. Great quilts and I'm sure wonderful memories. I still haven't finished my 'first' quilt. It was a Georgia bonesteel lap quilt method and I still have the blocks for a queen sized all hand quilted, but not joined. Someday.

Chookyblue...... said...

congrats on your quilting anniversary........I couldn't imagine not sewing now..........

Quilter Kathy said...

How fun to take a stroll down quilt memory lane! I should do this too some day...maybe in the middle of winter when I have more time.
Happy QUilting Anniversary!