Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Think I'm In Love . . .

I received an e-mail from Naturally Caron yesterday. The e-mail highlighted this gorgeous Woodcliff Throw made with their bamboo/acrylic Spa yarn. The photo isn't the best, but click through to the web site and you'll get a good view of it.
When we started carrying this yarn at the store in June I bough skeins in three colors. I'm almost done with a purse made from their yarn with one of their patterns. I love the yarn. It's soft and works up great.

The pattern is similar to the Babette pattern from Interweave. But this one speaks to me more than the Babette. I may never get back to stitching if I keep crocheting!

Tomorrow I plan on making the silk drapes for our bedroom. In the afternoon I plan to stitch and watch Tiger Woods play golf.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sweet P

4 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

That afghan is just lovely! The design and the colors are both gorgeous! I dare not show it to my daughter or she will just HAVE to make that one too! She's almost finished with Babette!

Thanks for sharing it!

MGM

Betsy said...

Paula, it is beautiful. You are so creative.

Janell said...

Thanks so much for the tip on this pattern! I was just getting ready to buy yarn to make the Babette but have immediately switched to this and ordered the yarn this morning. I can't wait to get it next week! The only trick was to read the info on the yarn weight and realize that you need to order 2 skeins of each color-the yarn is in 3 oz. and the pattern calls for 5 oz. It's not bad to have a little left over but I'm just glad I caught it before I only ordered one skein of each! Can't wait-you're great to pass this link on.

Quilter Kathy said...

Are you watching Tiger?!?
I am...and doing a little stitching during commercials.