Sunday, July 26, 2009

Inspiration, Christmas Gifts and a New Project

We visited my SIL's in-laws for a July 4th picnic. I knew her MIL is a knitter, but I didn't know she did crewel work too. This stunning mirror greeted me when I went into their bathroom. She stitched this over 20 years ago. I fell in love with it.
Here is a close-up of one the corners. Someday I want to make a similar mirror for me.
Now that some of my swap packages have been received and opened, I can share a few of the projects I've been working on lately.

I participated in Stephanie's and Linda's Christmas in July swap.
Lurline was my partner.
I made her this table runner.
And this stocking.
Mrs. Martin hosted a Christmas in July swap too.
Vanessa was my partner.
This Santa became a Christmas ornament.
I also made her this table runner.
I'm still in a crocheting mode. I started crocheting a sweater for Mr. E. This is the first time I've crocheted clothing and so far I'm happy with it, even though this is just the back and I still have both fronts and both sleeves to make.
And speaking of Mr. E, he spent the weekend with us so mommy and daddy could celebrate their wedding anniversary. Yesterday we took him to an art and music festival in town. It was his first time in our stroller. He had a good time and showed it with wonderful smiles.
This week I need to work on pillowcases for Mr. E's day care. They paid for the supplies and I'm donating my time. I'm making ten 25" x 25" pillowcases with bright, happy, child prints. Should be lots of fun.

Sweet P

8 comments:

Betsy said...

Paula that crewel work is pure Art!
Mr. E. is looking so good. It is generous of you to make the pillowcases for his daycare. They are going to enjoy them.

Lurline said...

The mirror certainly is stunning and great to see you showing off my Chrissie presents, thanks again!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful gifts..........

Helen said...

Mr E is really growing up!! Isn't it nice to share him.

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Grandsons are the best! Our 2yo stayed with us for 3 days while Mom was in the hospital delivering his baby brother and we had a wonderful time with him. Life is good!

Teresa said...

He is a real cutie. Nice job on your swap gifts.

Paula, the quilter said...

That is an absolutely amazing mirror.

Rhonda said...

Hi Sweet P, love your name!

thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog.
I've been looking around your blogs and we almost kindred spirits I think.
and you grandson is just a little younger -and even similar looking- to my grandson. They are both very handsome little guys