Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sunday Stash on Saturday Night

It's only Saturday night here in cold and soon to be snowy New Hampshire, but I had to show my Sunday Stash tonight. The prints are from the Legacy Studio line available at JoAnn Fabrics. The white and blue are Kona cottons. All of these fabrics were on sale for half price this past week. I bought them to make quilts for DS #3 and his girlfriend.
The only reason I'm showing the fabric tonight is that I couldn't wait to cut the pieces for the quilts. I'm making the same design with the variable being the print fabric. The blue print fabric on the right is for the GF. The green print fabric on the left is for DS.

After a cup of Orange Cappuccino and while watching Independence Day I had the fabrics cut and stacked by my sewing machine. Each white and print stack contains 168 3.5 inch squares. There is a total of 672 - 2 inch by 6.5 inch rectangles, 336 for each quilt. These quilts will be easy to sew together and now I'm ready to work on them whenever I have a few moments.
I'm making two twin-size quilts using the Twist and Turn pattern in the Super Simple Quilts #1 with Alex Anderson and Liz Aneloski.

Tomorrow we are expecting 7 - 9 inches of snow. I have to go grocery shopping first thing in the morning then I can stay in for the day. DH has finished painting the trim in the bedroom. All we have left to paint is the doors. That's also a tomorrow project. Hopefully we will be done in time for the two big football games. Then it's two weeks until the Super Bowl. In four weeks, pitchers and catchers report. Soon spring will be here.

Happy Stitching!
Sweet P

5 comments:

Lynn E said...

I so love the green fabric. What pattern are you doing?

Gina said...

Great fabrics

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Unknown said...

These will be fantastic quilts! It will be a great thing to do today. It has been snowing here since around midnight. We have about 3-4 inches already. I think we are staying in.

DebMc said...

Love the fabric. I'd love for you to write about how you choose fabrics...what appeals or how you decide something goes together in a pattern.

That's a lot of cutting, but it will be so easy to stitch up now. Have fun!

Terri S said...

Oh, I can't wait to see your quilts. Be sure and post pictures when you get them pieced.