Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Snow Day Off

Day Off Checklist:
  • Slept in - check - didn't set the alarm and woke up at 8:20 to the sound of snow plows in our parking lot. DH was nice enough to go and move the cars while I made coffee and breakfast. We are getting another snow/ice storm today.
  • Clean up sewing room - check - took 90 minutes to put my sewing back in order from the holidays.
  • Enjoyed lunch with DH - check - wasn't on the list. DH stayed home to go to a therapy appt with me at noon. Snow and ice kept therapist from coming into town (don't blame her). DH and I had a yummy lunch at Cafe on the Corner in town. DH decided it was too nasty to drive to work so he decided to come home with me.
  • Enjoyed afternoon nap with DH - check - also not on the list. See above.
  • Sorted out my new threads - check - I have my new Finca Presencia threads in a new thread box. I also have started a separate box for my variegated threads. I haven't received my order of new variegated threads, but there is plenty of room for them in the box.


  • Dinner in the oven - check - meatloaf is roasting. I'm going to start the Butternut Barley Risotto soon.
Tonight I'm going to start working on a new BOM. Gail Pan started a new BOM today. After dinner I'm going to trace the first design and start stitching.

On tap for tomorrow, day off #2 - DIL's maternity dress. She wants it done by this weekend. Now that my sewing room is clean, I can work on it.

What did you today?
Sweet P

3 comments:

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me. Although I am mighty sick of this winter and unfortunately there's a lot left to come.

Gail said...

Hi, I hope you enjoy stitching tonight!!

Lori in South Dakota said...

I watched the blizzard out the window. Baked a pumpkin cake. Cooked roast, potatoes and broccoli for supper. Laundry. And then----I sewed binding on a QOV and made (for the first time) a set of disappearing 9 patch blocks! A good day but cold!