Thursday, October 16, 2008

Still Stitching and a New Book

Despite starting a new job at Jo-Ann's and coming home with tired legs every night I have been awake enough to work on another stitchery project. This is the stitchery piece of a stitchery roll pattern from the latest issue of Country Threads Stitchery magazine. I started it in June before vacation and decided it was time to finish it. I haven't chosen the fabric for the rest of the project.


This morning I had to leave for work early to get our car inspected and the oil changed. The car was done by 8:45 and I didn't need to be to work until 10. I decided a stroll around Barnes & Noble was in order. While browsing through the quilting books, I found this book by Anna Marie Horner.

I browsed through the book before deciding I had to buy it. She has created some terrific patterns that look fun and exciting. It wasn't until I got home and did some internet browsing that I learned the book just came out as in the release date is October 20, yet B&N had several on the shelf.

Tomorrow I am picking up Mrs. Martin of Mrs. Martin's Quilt Shop and her friend, Bron in Boston. We will be going to the New England Quilt Museum in Lowell, MA and then on to Keepsake Quilting in Center Harbor, NH. The weather is going to be lovely and the fall colors should be gorgeous.

Have a happy weekend!
Sweet P

8 comments:

Sherri said...

Your stitchery is lovely...and you have the new book as well! And what a fun day you have planned for tomorrow...how wonderful!

sewnut said...

What a very sweet stitchery piece.

Unknown said...

Love your stitchery! The book looks fabulous. I am jealous you are going to the NEQM!! I have to say I have moved from the TV to the computer, I can only hear the Red Sox now. I am so bummed that they are losing. They really need to get on the bats to win this one.

Rhonda said...

What great stitchery work. And the new book you bought looks very interesting. Can't wait to here more about it. Take care.

Gina said...

Love the stitchery

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Nancy said...

Oh, I am so jealous. A day out AND Keepsake Quilting. I love their catalog can't even imagine their store. Take photos if they will let you...I will shop vicariously through you..

Libby said...

What a fantastic trip . . . bring back lots of photos and fun stories to share. That way it will feel like all went along, too *s*

Brenda said...

Love your stitching project! What a great book to find and own. Hope that you have a wonderful time on your outing!