Friday, October 10, 2008

Mini Christmas Quilt

This is a mini Christmas quilt I made last year. It is the size of a fat quarter. I used my new yellow, red and maroon variegated Valdani thread to do big stitch hand quilting through the white blocks in the center. The lines were drawn with my new Sewline pencil.
Here's a close up of the quilting. The lines look little crooked in the photo,
but they are better looking in person.
I need some suggestions on what to do in the border. The Christmas print border is 3 inches wide. I don't want to cover too much of the print since it is the only Christmas print in the quilt. I'm thinking of stitching a straight line just outside the green border and then another line close to the outside of the Christmas print. Do you think that would work? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Have a great weekend!

Sweet P

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute quilt! Given the size of the quilt, I think that is a fine option for quilting.

dot said...

I think that idea would work on the quilt. It will mostly be used for decoration so that should be fine. What a wonderful Christmas quilt.

swooze said...

Did you consider a simple meander? I do like your suggestion as I like that more structural/architectural look.

Quilter Kathy said...

That is probably what I would do...just a straight line around, maybe every inch or so? It is such a cute Christmas quilt!

Carolyn said...

That sounds fine, or you could quilt some freehand baptist fans going around the border. You could also quilt straight lines running from the inner border across to the sawtooth outer border. It's very cute!

Lilly said...

What a pretty little quilt. I would agree with Kathy W. Whatever you decide I am sure it will be lovely.

Rhonda said...

Love the mini quilt.....Maybe just a couple of rows of straight stitching.

Libby said...

What a sweet little quilt. I think your quilting idea is a good one. The border fabric is busy and so cute - no need to try to do something fancy just for fancy sake *s*

Carole said...

Cute quilt! Another option would be to quilt around some of the objects on the border. You could also follow you lines and bring them outward! Just suggesting! What ever you decide,I'm sure it will be nice!

Kay said...

How about a SinD on both sides of the green border and then follow the "rows" across the holiday border in straight lines of quilting. Sort of like piano teeth border. Clear as mud?

Anonymous said...

Your mini Christmas quilt is lovely!

~Bren~ said...

Very cute. The red quilting stitches are wonderful!!!!