Tuesday, December 26, 2006

What Did You Get For Christmas?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas or Chanukah. We have one more day off before we work for two days and then have another long weekend. Yesterday was our big family celebration - 46 people and more food than you would believe.

Saturday night we babysat our youngest nephew and niece. Of course DS #2 and DIL came over too. They never miss a chance to see the babies. Lori sent the movie Cars for Cole to watch. From the moment the movie started to it ended Cole was totally mesmerized. He started sitting next to Geoff on the couch and was soon on Geoff's lap. Baby Ella spent most of her time hanging out on the floor. This is the first time that particular quilt has been used and I guess it now has the Baby Seal of Approval.




I received a sewing basket, plenty of chocolate, a bottle of wine, Sinatra CDs and several gift cards including one for Fabric Depot. In case you've never checked out Fabric Depot, they give you 30% off your on-line order. My kind of shopping. I'm using the certificate to enhance my tool stash for the new year. As soon as I receive the certificate I am going to get: John James quilting needles and sharps, Schemtz machine needles, two crib size battings, one twin batting, rotary blades, quilting scissors, a thread box, and (because DH insisted I buy a little fabric) two Charm packs - Hearts Aflutter and Sweet Hearts. I have a LOVE panel that I'm hoping I can combine with some of the charms to make a wall hanging for Valentine's Day.

Here are two pictures of my new sewing basket. It was a gift from my MIL.




Yesterday I went into my studio to finish a two small bags I was making for gifts. I found my coffee cup from the day before. When I looked inside I was surprised at what I saw. What do you think? I think it looks like two huge lips hanging out in the coffee. I don't think I could have made that appear if I had tried.



Today DH and I treated ourselves to our combination Christmas, 2000th day of marriage and 8 years of being together. We have been wanting to purchase a new TV so off we went to the local TV and appliance store. We try to avoid the "big box" stores as much as possible. We purchased a 50" LG HDTV. We are big sports watchers and this TV will be great for watching all of the games.

Tomorrow is "Clean Up The Studio" day which means by tomorrow or Thursday I will have my list of projects for 2007 put together. I can't wait!

6 comments:

floribunda said...

Looks like your left-over coffee is smiling seductively at you... "driiink meee" (LOL)
Love that Fabric Depot gift card! I don't know if I'd be able to keep away from spending it all on fabric, though.

Paula, the quilter said...

Ah, Latte Art. I hear that there is a flckr group on that. My barista is a contestant at a latte art thing in 2007. She make the most gorgeous hearts and leaves on the top of a latte.

Libby said...

Sounds like you have a great plan for your certificate. You are going to love your new tv. We have the same (just a little smaller) and are amazed with the picture every day.

Cynthia said...

you certainly received some lovely gifts. Love the sewing basket your MIL gave you. I also received a gift certificate from my LQS so i'm looking forward to going there soon buy something.

Finn said...

Hi Sweet P, sounds like a picture perfect holiday...*VBS* eveything in just the right amounts...*VBS*

The large family gathering is fun, hard to feel isolated in that big a group..LOL Fun, food and family...oh ya!

What a hoot your coffee cup is! I agree you couldn't possibly do that on purpose..LOL

The little ones are adorable, and what a great quilt! Definitely a keeper! Have fun with the next mini vacation, Hugs, Finn

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hi, good to see you have recovered from Christmas. Babysitting looked fun but spending that voucher will be almost better! I must see if they mail to Australia! Good luck with the Tv, being a soport head I appreciate your thinking.
Cool coffee!
I am also busy working out the 07 plan-have fun and dream big!