So many bloggers have been sharing their treasured Christmas ornmaments, decorations and memories. All of the sharing has been wonderful to read. I had planned to share my most treasured Christmas decoration, but I haven't been able to get into enough of a Christmas mood to write about it. I am having a difficult time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. I am so tired of the "buy, buy, buy" attitude surrounding the holiday and the lack of respect for the true meaning of the holiday that I'm almost to the point of boycotting the holiday.
However, don't let me "bah humbug-ness" ruin your holidays. I wish the happiest Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa to everyone who celebrates these holidays. As for me, I need some snow and some quiet reflection time for now.
Hedgehog posted this Christmas Meme and I thought I'd play along, perhaps hoping it will help me get into the Christmas spirit.
1. Hot chocolate or apple cider?
2. Turkey or ham?
3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
I live in a condo so nothing “outside” of the house, but on my front door I have a wreath with snowmen that says Let It Snow
5. Snowball fights or sledding?
6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
I like shopping in my small downtown
7. Favorite Christmas song?
Little Drummer Boy and Do You Hear What I hear
8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
I don’t need them
9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
Definitely anytime before Thanksgiving
10. Stockings before or after presents?
Stockings first, then presents, then breakfast
11. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
I would be one of the carolers
12. Go to someone else's house or they come to you?
We always go to my in-laws, except for the occasional trip to my family in Minnesota
13. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
Always on Christmas Eve
14. What do you do after presents and dinner?
When at the in-laws we watch all the children stare at their presents trying to figure out what to play with first.
15. What is your favorite holiday smell?
16. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Neither, I prefer staying in and watch a snow fall
17. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas Day?
Christmas morning, definitely
18. Favorite Christmas memory?
Setting up my Barbie dolls in front of the Nativity and singing with all 5 Christmas albums my parents had.
19. Favorite part about winter?
Definitely a snow storm.
20. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Many times . . . mmmmmm . . . I think I need to buy some for DH and I.