The closet is close to getting full.I sorted through my yarn bags under the day bed this morning. I have filled the four Skubb shoe bags I bought two weeks ago and put all of them in the closet. One bag holds baby yarn, two bags hold yarn I received in swaps and the last one holds my stash of Sunflower Yarns. The Lingo bags are under the bed. They have acrylic and other miscellaneous yarn purchases stashed in them. I pulled out about 5 or 6 crochet bags that are oh, so close to being finished and put them in the pine cart. Some of them only need an hour or two to finish.
After contemplating what to do about my fabric WIPs I have created a plan:
- If I absolutely love the project, I am keeping it.
- If the WIP is from a swap, I am keeping it.
- If most of the blocks are sewn together or the top is nearly done, it has gone into the donate pile.
- If the fabric is stashed together for a specific project, but not cut, the fabric is going into my general stash pile.
There are six more organizing/decluttering projects I want to do in the studio:
- Our artwork that had been in the basement needs to get hung in the basement or stored down there.
- There is still one more closet to clean and perhaps have Rick build out.
- My bookcase is overflowing. I will probably be getting rid of my quilting books, just have to decide how.
- I need to figure out where/how to store my embroidery kits and tools.
- I have a small stand that will be leaving the room and the pine cart is taking its place.
- I need to revamp my studio wall where I hang tote bags, scarves and other hanging objects.
BTW, thanks for the encouragement to draw the cauldron and the swirls. I am thinking about it.