Friday, April 25, 2008

Look, I'm Stitching!

Yesterday I cleaned up my studio. I had to put away the projects I had been working on for the last few weeks. Every time I touched one of them I got anxious and didn't feel like I should be working on them so I put them away. Perhaps when I'm feeling better I'll be able to work on them again.

Instead I found my Aunt Martha Coffee Break iron-on transfers and decided to work on one of those. I chose the Caffe Latte pattern, ironed it onto muslin and started stitching. I spent an hour stitching yesterday afternoon while watching the Red Sox and felt so much better.
I think I'll make two or three of the stitcheries, frame them and hang them in our kitchen. They will make cute decorations on the walls.

Tomorrow I have my long arm quilting lesson. It should be a lot fun. After that DH and I are going to Portland, ME for the evening. We're going to stroll the Old Port, have a nice dinner and just relax. I'll be back on Sunday night or Monday morning.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving so many kind messages. Every message has meant a lot to me lately. I'm glad to have so many blogging friends.

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Yea!! You're stitchin again... These will look great framed in your kitchen.

Have a nice dinner out. Sounds good!!

Libby said...

That Aunt Martha - she always comes through *s*
Have a wonderful time on your getaway - nothing like a leisurely stroll with your honey.

Paula said...

Yippee for you! You must be feeling better. But, I will state...I am jealous of your stitchery. I may have to make a run to Hobby Lobby and see if I can find your Cafe Latte iron on transfer! Love it.

Patti said...

And what a great thing it is! Stitching is good therapy - at least I've always found it to be so - very relaxing. And quick to finish when it's a little project like this. You are taking baby steps - just what you should be doing. Have a wonderful weekend.

Leanne said...

Glad to see your back stitching ..little steps is all it takes.

Mary Johnson said...

Enjoy Portland - I love visiting there and we're trying to plan another trip one of these days. My husband's father was born and raised there and we were lucky enough to travel there with hime twice.

Anonymous said...

So glad you feel stitching a bit. Have a nice evening away and enjoy your dinner out !

Carolyn said...

I'm so glad you've picked up a needle again. Sewing is good for the soul...at least for my soul! Enjoy your little getaway!

Greenmare said...

OH I love you latte! good job you on picking out something to do that makes you feel good! of course, coffee makes EVERYTHING better!

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Sweet P, Libby's right, Aunt Martha is a comfort. Your stitching is going to look so pretty in your kitchen.

Kim said...

Cute stitchery- going to see the SeaDogs in Portland??? We're going to try and get up there for a game again this summer- DS loved the little field. Where's the OldPort ?? We saw the LL Bean outlet store -the hotel and the Sea Dogs last time- looking to do more...glad you're getting away with DH

DebMc said...

Yay for you!
I'm glad you've found a project to bring creativity, fun, and pleasure to your day.

And hey...what was it with your Sox beating up on my Rangers last week? Sigh...we gave you one of those wins. lol Don't forget!

Enjoy your time stitching and watching baseball.

Solstitches said...

I have this set of transfers - this one is cute. Don't you just love how fast stitchery goes?
I think they will look perfect hanging in your new kitchen.

Margaret