Today we are celebrating DS' 24th birthday. His birthday is the 31st, but he wants to celebrate today. My son does not like to get his haircut. He hasn't had it cut since his wedding in July 2005. So, for his birthday, he asked for a Makeover Day. Since I already had my cut and color appt. set for today I was able to add him to the schedule with my stylist. Then after lunch DH, DDIL and I are taking him clothes shopping for some new work clothes.
Early, early tomorrow morning, like 3:15 am, DH is getting picked up by the car service and will heading to the airport and then to Los Angeles for the week. I have no intention of answering my phone tomorrow unless it's him calling me. I have a long To Do list that I need to spend the day on:
- I have several packages to prep for the mail including prizes for my Red Sox chair guessers, my PIF packages and a couple of other goodie packages.
- I want to sew at least one grocery tote bag. I have 4 or 5 of them cut out that I was to make for Christmas and didn't get them done.
- I want to prep some more Butterfly Garden blocks and then spend some time working on them.
- I have to clean off my sewing table and straighten up my sewing room (or at least pack more of it)
- I really should pack a box or two of items we don't need for the next couple weeks. Our moving day is less than three weeks away and we've barely started packing.
Thanks for all the great answers to my appliqué questions. I'll be trying the suggestions as I work on my blocks.
I'm way behind on commenting on blogs. I've been reading them and marking many for comments. I will probably spend time tomorrow catching up on those as well.
I'm off for one more cuppa and then it will time to head out the door. See you tomorrow!