Sunday, June 03, 2007

Coming Up For Air and a Shopping Day

The work flow has eased a little in the office. We are still under a non-disclosure agreement so I can't talk about what is happening, but at least the stress level is reduced.

Thanks to those who have been stopping by and visiting my blog. I hope to be back on a more regular posting basis soon.

Yesterday was a shopping day for me. I took DH to the train station at 7:30 and began my shopping trip. First stop was Target. I needed to buy a birthday card and a Father's Day card. While I was there I also bought a new ironing board cover. Mine is ugly and beyond hope.

From there I went to Barnes & Noble in search of the newest Quilter's Home magazine. No luck with the magazine, but I bought The Reagan Diaries and a new magazine, Ty Pennington At Home. I am making no political statements with The Reagan Diaries. I am a history buff and this book shows one man's view of history as he was making it. The Ty Pennington magazine is cool. It appears to be a quarterly magazine. Check it out if you are looking for a new home magazine.

My next stop was my favorite quilt shop. I decided a few weeks ago that if I ever want to finish some of the quilts I started I need to get them quilted and not wait to hand quilt them. Susan, the owner of The Chestnut Quilter, is a great machine quilter with a quick turn around. I took my Pink Finity quilt to her. She said she would have it done in about 10 days. Since her shop is an hour drive away I told her there is no hurry. We are going to be staying near her shop in July and I told her I would pick it up then. She said her husband is occasionally in Dover and if he comes here he will deliver the quilt to me.

Susan seldom has sale fabrics in her shop. Yesterday she had a bin of 50% off bolts. For some reason I couldn't resist these three fabrics. There was 1 7/8 yards of each of the floral prints and I took two yards of the pink. Not sure what I'll do with them, but I'm sure I'll decide soon. I still haven't purchased fabric just because I like it. Every fabric purchase I've made has had a project planned first. Yeah, sometimes the project changes, but at least there is an initial project planned.



From the quilt shop it was time to buy some new summer clothes. My MIL gave me a gift card Talbot's. I'm not a big fan of Talbot's, but what can you do when you're given a gift? Spend it of course. I found two pairs of walking shorts and a sleeveless teal sweater. I also had a $25 off coupon for Coldwater Creek. I'm intrigued with this store because I like the bold colors and design of the clothes without the clothes looking like they belong on a young, nubile body. I bought a pair of jeans that fit me for once and this floral jacket. I wear these colors, but I don't often wear them together and, until now, not as a floral pattern. I bought the jacket hoping to liven up my wardrobe.

Today I had planned on sewing all day. I was up early, started the laundry and was ready to go to work on my swap blocks. Then I remembered I needed to make a gift for a Summer Solstice Swap I'm in. I decided to make a paperback book cover since my swap partner has a summer dream of laying by the pool reading a book I thought this cover would make a great addition to her summer dream. The pattern wasn't too hard to make and I can imagine adapting the size for other books and journals. Just what I need another project.



My swap blocks won't get done today. My almost annual shoulder problem seems to have returned and it hurts to hold and use a rotary cutter today. So after finishing this entry I'm going to force myself to stay off the computer and bring on the ice pack for a while. Tonight is the final Red Sox/Yankees baseball game for this series. The series hasn't taken on the usual fervor since the Red Sox are so far ahead of the Yankees. Oh well, it's still baseball.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yeah, and the Yankees just handed you that game yesterday on a silver platter! It's discouraging to be a Yankees fan at the moment...especially since my son is a diehard Red Sox fan!

Glad things are going better at work. Your shopping day sounded like fun!

Libby said...

Ahhh - a weekend of shopping and sewing *s* Just what a girl likes. Your book cover is nice - out by the pool the book will be protected from all the splashing.

Paula, the quilter said...

When you swap the book cover, put a book in it!