Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I'm Still Here!

I can't believe I haven't posted in over a week! When I stopped to think about what I've been doing this is what I came up with:

I've only had one day off in the last week - that was Saturday. I spent the morning working on my quilting for others projects. I made binding for HeartStrings quilts. I also started my siggie blocks for the Blog Swap. Saturday night we went to see Rod Stewart in concert with my MIL and SIL. Wow! What a great concert! He can still sing and move and make my heart go pitter-patter.

Every other day this past week I've been working 10 - 11 hours a day, including 10 hours on Sunday while sitting on the couch watching golf and the Super Bowl. My job is starting to get the best of me and I'm getting very frustrated. It's a not a job I would have chosen for myself when I was younger and I want to move on - either to another position in the company or a new job somewhere else. I'm trying to figure out how to have that kind of conversation with DH and my FIL. Since I work in the family business this conversation can be very tough to have.

Anyway, enough gloom and doom about my work schedule. This weekend I'm looking forward to spending more time in my quilt studio. I want to finish my siggie blocks and start working on my red work alphabet. I also want to start working on my gifts for the quilt retreats I'm going to attend in April and June.

I'm off to get caught up on everyone's blogs I see my list off unread entries is way too long.

4 comments:

Granny said...

Maybe your DH and FIL will read your blog and you won't have to bring it up! :)

Good luck with the discussion .. that's going to be a hard one!

Hope you enjoy the time you do have in your studio

Libby said...

Cool - Rod Stewart.

Wendy said...

I learnt along time ago that I need "My Time" for quilting. If I don't have time for sewing I get cranky.
Good Luck.

Mary Johnson said...

Your post makes me glad that I don't have to work right now and can devote my days to my quilting Hope that doesn't depress you too much!