Saturday, March 28, 2009

Falling Off The Wagon and Sign of Spring

When Lent started I decided to stop spending money at Jo-Ann's. I certainly have enough projects to keep me busy without having to buy anything else.

Up until Thursday I was doing a great job. I had only bought fabric for my swap project (pictured in the previous post). That fabric is already used and I only have a small amount left that will be going into another project.

So what happened on Thursday? One of my tasks this week at work is to reset the floss and cross stitch tool aisle at the store. While looking though the aisle and laying out my work plan I saw this book. Since I've started doing cross stitch again I thought these little designs would come in handy to make little projects. The stitcheries are no larger than 3 inches by 3 inches, if that. Plus I had my 50% coupon to use so I got a great deal on the book.
Yesterday I asked DH to stop at the grocery store to pick up a couple items for me. He came home with my favorite flower and a sure sign of spring - tulips! I put a few of them in the dress vase I bought last summer. Don't they look lovely? Certainly a lot better than the clouds and fog outside my window this morning. At least we're not getting snow and floods, but we will get some rain.

I'm have to work today and tomorrow, but have Monday off. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy Quilting!

Sweet P

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I remember whe you got that vase on one of your trips. It is lovely still with the tulips inside.
You did really good with the coupon. Do they not give employees a discount though?

DebMc said...

I love, love, love that vase! Wonderful.

Sigh...I love spending money at Jo-ann's...and Barnes and Noble....and Hobby Lobby...

From time to time I do a spending fast and it is a struggle every time.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Well done on the fast...but some vwery cute things there!!
So when is actual baby day?? You sound like you are having lots of fun getting organized! Tracey