Sunday, December 21, 2008

Where To Start?

Lots of news from my corner of New Hampshire and I'm not sure where to start.

First up is my Sunday Stash for this week. This fabric is cut and sitting on my cutting mat. I plan to make placemats and napkins for our younger nieces and nephews for Christmas presents. Yea, I know Christmas is this week. I have the next two days off and plan to hibernate in my sewing room and get all my Christmas gifts done.
Leanne posted a photo for all of her northern hemisphere bloggy friends. I thought I would post this photo for all of my southern hemisphere bloggy friends. Yes, this was taken outside my front door this morning.
This is what I saw when I opened my door yesterday morning.
It's even worse tonight and will still be there tomorrow morning!
After all, this has been the view out my window this past Wednesday, Friday and all day today (and even right now). I haven't heard how much snow we have received in the last five days, but I would have to guess it is somewhere around two feet of the fluffy white snowflakes.
I had to work today so DH was home alone to watch football, golf and basketball. He was a happy camper. He made himself a man-town nest so he wouldn't miss any big play. This is how the living room looked when I walked in the front door. Notice his feet in the lower left corner?
This was the view from the kitchen. He looks pretty comfy on the couch, huh? Who wouldn't be if they didn't have to leave the house all day and had two TVs to watch sports?
I've been thinking about my sewing and quilting plans for the New Year. I have a few ideas whirling around in my head. Stay tuned for details.

Happy Holidays!
Sweet P

5 comments:

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Would you believe that I hadn't even seen snow until I was 28 and then it was in Japan. The second time I saw it was in Switzerland and finally the thrid time it was in Australia. It probably seems hard to believe that I have only had three experiences of snow. Still while it looks pretty maybe it isn't something I really miss.

Lori in South Dakota said...

Laughing at your husband, he is dressed to watch the game!

Leanne said...

I'm not sure I could survive that cold, it does look beautiful though. Love your sports made hubby.
I don't need to wish you a white Xmas.
Wishing you and your family a safe and happy one.

Libby said...

Well, you know there'll be no snow out my way. Next time you are out . . . throw a snowball for me *s*

Can you tell me where you got your Tinkerbell fabric? The Princess is a huge Tink fan . . . . I think she might just enjoy a pillowcase or two *s*

Elaine Adair said...

OH gosh - that man! and 2, TWO tvs going at the same time. I would need a bottle of wine to even walk through the room! LOL