Saturday, February 09, 2008

I've been tagged! Jackie at Canton Village Quilt Works tagged me for 7 things about myself.

The rules of the meme are:
1. When tagged, place the name of the person and URL on your blog
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself
4. Name 7 of your favorite weblogs
5. Send an e-mail letting those bloggers know they have been tagged

Here are 7 things about myself

1. I work with my DH, four BIL's and my FIL in a family business. My FIL started the business 20 years ago and each of his sons started working there after college. I had been working there two years when my future DH started there. We worked together for another three years before we started dating. My FIL was not happy when he learned we were dating. But it didn't take him long to come around.

2. Like Jackie, I love the Red Sox. I also love the New England Patriots. Tiger Woods is cool too. Our social life has been known to center around what sports are on TV. Every Labor Day weekend we go to the Deutsche Bank golf tournament in Norton, MA to watch Tiger play for the weekend. In our new condo we are finishing off the basement to be our sports watching room.

3. I grew up in Minnesota, close to Minneapolis. Since I moved away in 1986 I have lived in Illinois, Florida, New York, Virginia and New Hampshire. I've lived in New Hampshire since 1993. My parents and brothers still live in Minnesota. I was the only child who moved away and didn't move back.

4. I have three sons and one grandson. My oldest child was killed in a car accident on Nov. 1, 1997 at the age of 21. He left behind a young wife and son. My second son has been married for 19 months to a wonderful young woman. They are studying to be teachers. My youngest son wants to attend grad school in the fall. His goal is to become a political lobbyist. He is dating a young woman who is a choreographer for a modern Irish dance company.

5. My Irish grandmother taught me how to sew, crochet, needlepoint and beadwork. Her first husband died before I was born and she lived with us until I was 6 when she married the widower across the street and moved there. Going to grandma's house was always easy growing up.

6. DH and I will be signing the closing documents on our first condo this coming Thursday. We are moving into a 3-story, 2 bedroom, 1 and a half bath condo with nearly 2,000 SF of space. We've been packing for what seems like forever. I haven't had my sewing room in order since the middle of December and I'm starting to get very cranky.

7. My DH is my best friend in the world. We have been married to 5 1/2 years and we love each more every day. He always know just what to say when I'm happy, sad, smiling or cranky. I wouldn't trade him for the world. He's 12 years younger than me, but no one every guesses that if they don't know our ages.

Now, I tag the following bloggers:
1. Mavie at Mavie's Place
2. Linda at Sewnut
3. Becky at Becky's Bits and Piecing
4. Janet at Wildcraft Farm
5. Kim at Kim's Quilting Adventure
6. Susan at Desertsky Quilting
7. Colleen at Musings from my soul . . .

Well, it's time to get back to packing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent!! So glad that you participated in the tag. I enjoyed reading about you and getting to know you better. I plan on visiting the people you have tagged to learn more about them. Have a great weekend!! Happy packing!