Saturday, September 15, 2007

It's been a while since I've posted. I have finally gotten over Shingles. My energy has come back and the pain is gone. I've been busy doing some stitcheries and today I took one of those stitcheries and made it into a tote bag. DH came up with the saying after I told him I was going to make myself a tote bag to use when I go shop hopping and I was going to use the Jell-O fabric I bought on vacation. So, without further ado, here's the front of the bag. The stitchery is also a pocket.

Here's the back of the bag. I'm happy with how the bag turned out. This is the first project I've made that has a gusset and once I got over my fear of gussets the bag went together easily.

The bag also has a matching mini bag that can be clipped inside the bag. The mini bag was quickly put together, but I'm not thrilled with it as it isn't lined and is somewhat flimsy. I may make a sturdier mini bag another day.

And then, just because I still had Jell-O fabric and I recently got the Wonder Wallet pattern I made a Wonder Wallet too. The wallet only took about 30 minutes to make and is a great addition to my new tote bag.

So now I'm ready to go shopping. Anyone want to join me?

18 comments:

Solstitches said...

Oh I'm always up for a shopping trip! I'd love to come along.
Your bag is just way too cute!
The fabric, the saying on the stitchery - adorable.
What's a wonder wallet?
I WONDER if I need one?

Margaret

Carole said...

So glad to read that you are feeling much better! The bags came out nice! What a great idea to have your own personal bag for shopping! Now, I would need to remember to bring it with me! lol Have a great weekend!

Marla said...

Glad to see you're feeling better. Shopping will elevate that good feeling to new levels!

Gail said...

Very cute! Glad that the shingles have gone, what a pain.

Cher said...

shingles are so nasty- good that you have them gone! cute bag...looks like you enjoyed the projects and have used the fabric in a creative way!

Laila said...

Yes, please.I love to go shopping with you and your great bag. :-)
I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Kim said...

Such a cute set of bags/wallet
Glad you're feeling better

Wendy said...

I'm ready for shopping, lets go....lol
Love the saying your DH came up with, that's great on the front.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. The fabric is fantastic isn't it. I've just been discussing it with a friend and we've decided that it will make a fabulous 'stack'n'wack'.
I love your bag and wonder wallet and your Jell-O fabric is very cute.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bag. Love all the little extra's. The pocket and saying is great too.

His Office, My Studio said...

I am happy to read you are feeling better and you are back to sewing.

Great new shopping bag.

Faith said...

Im glad to hear the shingles have gone ouch!! now if I was over there Id come over on a shopping trip with you.. more fabrics mean more UFOs lurrking, screaming... waiting to be stitched up and finished. I do love your projects

JoAnna said...

Such a cute bag! I had no idea there were jello fabrics, but that is so adorable. Glad you are feeling better -- you totally need to go shopping to celebrate!

Cherold said...

Shingles are the pits! Glad you are feeling better. Love your bag.

CheriS

Mary said...

Just come to you via Jenny at Patches and Batches The bags look great and so useful Looking forward to seeing the quilts Mary

Sarah Nopp said...

That is fun fabric! I have not seen it anywhere, I will have to look for that line.
Thanks for commenting on my blog too :)

Nicole & Phil said...

great to hear you are feeling better. The bag is really great!

Juliann in WA said...

Cute bag. I love having my own bags when I go shopping. I am so sorry you had shingles. My daughter had them her first year in college and it was awful. Glad you are on the mend.