Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tools

I love tools and gadgets.  Who doesn't love a good set of tools for whatever you choice of creating happens to be in your life?  After all how can you create if you don't have the proper tools?

Tools make my job interesting.  On one hand, I don't want to lose sales for the store.  On the other hand, there is nothing more irritating than watching a customer buy more tools and gadgets than she needs.

For example, I have two paper cutters.
One I bought a few years ago and one that came in my Cricut Accessory kit.
 But, you know what I use for cutting and trimming my papers?  My Olfa rotary cutter, self-healing mat and quilting rulers.  I know there are quilters who are screaming, "Don't use your rotary cutter on paper!"  I have two cutters, one for fabric and one for paper.
Don't get me started on "quilting notions".  Nearly every quilt notion in our quilt notion department can be found in the notions department, usually cheaper and on sale more often.

So, if you come to visit me in the store, I'm going to help you find the most economical options for working on your craft.  It may not be in the department you're shopping in, but it will be a good choice.

Sweet P

No comments: