Saturday, April 15, 2006

Long Week/Good Weekend Ahead

It was a busy week for me this past week. Long work days and short evenings led to little sewing getting done. On Tuesday night Bruce took me, Geoffrey and Tasha to a going away party for Adam Vinitieri, the kicker for the New England Patriots. We had a good time. The highlight of the evening was seeing David Ortiz, AKA Papi, of the Boston Red Sox. Thanks to Bruce, we got a picture of Tasha hugging David. She has been on Cloud 9 since then.



Last night I was going to start cutting fabric for my next new quilt, but ended up with a migraine headache. Ouch! So it instead of cutting it was an evening spent in bed. Today I am taking Tasha to the LQS to find border and backing fabric for her first quilt.

Lately I've been on a cool quilting high. I've been to work on a lot of different projects and have made 2 tops and am eagerly waiting to get another started. I have been working on UFOs too. I'm not sure where this feeling of freedom came from, but I'm enjoying it. I've decided not to stress about my UFOs, but have decided to simply enjoy quilting.

I have set a goal that after I get this next top done I am going to take some time to teach myself machine quilting so I can finish some of these projects I've been making.

No comments: